You may remember that last year, I started fun facts posts on my blog :)
It's always fun to seek out what
obscure holidays there were and what fun (unusual!) events
people like to observe and celebrate. Well ...
Color. Me. Happy!
Today is National Crayon Day!
no spring chicken 29 again (a-hem!) and still love to color with crayons!
There's something absolutely joyous about opening that brand new box
of crayons, and not even gonna fib, I love the smell!
Crayola brand is STILL my very favorite ♥
Now, as an adult, I still buy them during school clearances
or back to school sales because, yes!
I still color with crayons!
And my daughter is a teacher - there's ALWAYS a need.
Here are some fun Crayon Facts!
- The smell of crayons is the 18th most recognizable scent for adults in the U.S.
- Crayola makes 3 billion crayons a year
- The favorite crayon color of most Americans is blue
- The 100-billionth crayon was made by Fred Rogers of Mister Roger’s Neighborhood in 1996.
- In 1962, Crayola changed the name of the color “flesh” to “peach”
I've had this little Lawn Fawn crayon stamp/die set for a little while now,
and I bought it late last year just to use for National Crayon Day.
I adore it!
I have been using my distress oxides lately for backgrounds,
so I used one of those for the colorful backdrop for the crayons.
I colored, die cut them in varied colors
and a couple of them are popped up on 3d foam for added dimension.
So what is your favorite crayola color -
do you have one?
Mine is granny smith apple!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you a colorful start to your day ♥
Big hugs, bigger blessings!