6.24.2020

Mini card camp - Day 3 with Jeanette!


Hi friends!

Today is the 3rd of 4 days of mini card camp ~ 
tomorrow is our final class and wrap up day!
I hope you've been inspired by the cards, tutorials and inspiration 
from the 'camp counselors' :)


Today's class is taught by:  Jeanette!

Her theme for today is 
Modified Stencil - Modified Silhouette


For this challenge, the idea is to take a background die
and use the die cut as a stencil.
The addition is a stamp blocked out as a silhouette
and the contrast is really a great visual!

I've made 2 cards for this challenge ~ one per the requirement
and the other one with the negative die cut.
It was such a pretty background that I didn't want it to go to waste!
I used Pink Fresh Studio's Escape the Ordinary stamps and die background
and the Distress ink in Speckled Egg and Iced Spruce,
blended with my ranger ink mini tool.




Here are my 2 cards individually.
The required stenciled background card :




And the reverse using the die cut that was embossed:

When it came to my color selections,
and to highlight the colored mountains, I used black as a nod to Jeanette
who uses it often on her cards.

Here's a final look!



We invite you to play along and use the classes as a springboard
for your card making and inspiration!
The camp classes and dates this week are:
Monday/June 22 ~ Kelly (me!) @ Sandcastlestamper
Tuesday/June 23 ~ Darlene @ Accordingtobijou
Wednesday/June 24 ~ Jeanette @ Creativeplay
Thursday/June25 ~ Barb @ inkingintoretirement
.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly





4 comments:

  1. WOW! Two fabulous cards - I like how you refuse to let good leftovers go to waste. I had never seen these stamps/dies before so it was especially fun seeing what you did with them. I think the mountains look fantastic in silhouette form... and your touch of black on your cards tie it all together. Thank you for doing such a fine job with my challenge, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute! The soft blue, white and black creates a really sharp contrast. It is very eye-catching! Such a fun set of stamps and dies, your created winners for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your two cards are so sweet. I love the die you picked to use for the stencil. Love the silhouette too. Great Job. Thanks loads for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards Kelly - and well done on using the stencil die cut for the second card - waste not want not! :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete