1.05.2021

Writing My Story (blog series card #1) ~ Dragonflies

 

Hi sweet friends!


I'm super excited about this new card series

 I'm debuting this year called ...

Writing My Story 




There's so many wonderful moments in a day

... all 365 of them ...

that holds so much wonder!


Each of us has a beautiful story to tell ~

something that is so uniquely ours.

I'm so grateful that you stop by my blog and see my cards

(and my messes and mishaps and tried and trues!)

but there's often things that make me ME ...

what we love, what makes us smile, what brings us joy!

All the little things in between ...




            So, I asked my husband, my 4 children and son-in-law to 

write down 12 things (2 each) that are ME in their eyes.

They did!

My oldest daughter sealed them in a little jar

and will give me one at random each month.

I'm SOOOOOO curious as to what they wrote down!


This month:  a love of dragonflies! 

I know ... it's a bug!

They are so special to my heart and I've loved them since I was little.

After my dad passed away, skirting the cliche, I saw them everywhere.

Their quiet nature brings me such peace

and watching them flying and dancing in the air is such joy!




My card is a combination of stenciling a quick background with

the Altenew striped background

and the Fluttering Friends stamp/die set from My Favorite Things.

I used snippets of watercolored backgrounds to stamp/die cut

the images and popped them up onto the card.

I love the softness, the organically flowing watercolor mixes!


This stamp set was almost my One Plus Twelve ~

but since the challenge is only one stamp and these are so tiny

(and then my stamp found me on vacation)

 I'm happy to use it now :)



Everyone has a story to tell -

 each day ... a new page to turn :)

I can't wait to see what their next note is for me! 


Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. Love the delicate colors you have used with your wonderful dragonflies! They are very special to me, too! Hugs! Can't wait to see the rest of this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! You and one of my best friends would probably get along famously as she is a big fan of dragonflies too. I often made cards for using my dragonfly stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and fun series. Am excited to see what everyone wrote down for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Hugs,Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kelly what a wonderful idea, and this month's card is amazing - love love love it!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, this is a fantastic idea for a series and I am going to love watching it unfold! Your first card is absolutely gorgeous - and so very you. I love the stories as well as your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Kelly, loving the soft colour pallet and those dragonflies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card and love the colours. In my previous home, we had a fish pond I dug out in the back garden. I covered it with mesh, so the cats couldn't get the fish. The only problem was that the queen dragonflies liked to lay their eggs on the plants under the mesh. Then they couldn't find their out!! So I had to lift all the mesh up to let them out!!
    Stay well and keep safe.
    Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a fun series to follow! How fun for you and all of us to see what they have said. This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great fun idea love the Dragonflies and pastel colours
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete