6.14.2021

Hot Mess Success ~ Water blaster painting!

 

Hi friends ~

I'm home!


My husband has been in the hospital for almost a week

and I stayed with him right by his side.

That meant missing everything outside the hospital walls,

including the beginning of summer and about 15 cards/blog posts.

But we are now home and he's recovering

and I'm trying to navigate the balance of where I left off

and where I need to be.



I did manage to make some time to craft while he slept today.

In fact, I made a MESS!

It's another edition of the Hot Mess = Success card 

and I KNOW I say every month that THAT month was the messiest ....

but .....

this one just might have take the messiest award :)


It's summer ....... it's HOT!

 Remember how we'd cool off with squirt guns? 

 We called them water (squirt) guns and

We use them in the pool and backyard and just goof off with them :)


I had an idea .... summer water blasters!

I thought "use them to watercolor with!"

So I did :)


Here's the video!



For now, here's what I started with:


I'm in LOVE with the flamingo!

And here is the final a couple of the panels that you'll see 

on the video once it's up.

I made quite a few and just chose this one at random

and you'll see more with different colors and patterns soon!



          And here are the first two cards with this set of panels.

I decided to use a die cut letter "K" 

thinking of the thank you cards I need to send.

K = Kindness!




                                Here the are individually:



I decided to alternate the front panel with the background

as the focal point

and then the letter K as the focal point on the second card.

There's about 15 more panels - so a lot more cards ahead!

Was this month a success:  YES!

Would I do this technique again?  Absolutely!


Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. fab backgrounds and beautiful cards Kelly
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the backgrounds and cards, so beautiful. Glad your husband is home again, hope all is well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your husband but so glad he is back at home x. What fun and fabulous cards with a great creative technique x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your husband is doing better.

    Love your great art work from the power blasters. I can't wait to see a video. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun! Those panels look fabulous and I can just image how much fun it was blasting the ink onto them. Lovely cards! I'm so glad your husband (and you) are home again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you husband has been ill but now he is home wishing him a speedy recovery.Fabulous backgrounds you created and love how you used the die-cut negative too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful!! I love the vibrant colors! Continued prayers for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so striking, Kelly! Love the idea - look forward to seeing the video. Hope your hubby continues to heal and that you all get back to your normal routines soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic pieces of card Kelly and colours, so bright and uplifting.
    Hope you husband is getting better every day. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these Kelly, and the technique looks to be such fun. I have never seen such small water blasters! Our smallest ones are in a pistol shape too, not just straight barrels like those. :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. How ABSOLUTELY Fun! I loved the video and all of the backgrounds are so cool. I love the card you made. When I come to visit, can we play with colors and water blasters too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. GENIUS!!! :D You are the best clever lady!!! LOVE this technique sooooo much! Your panels are spectacular and LOVE the cards!!

    ReplyDelete