8.07.2024

AECP ~ Easy Die Cutting Technique


 Hi friends!


I'm back with another card creation from the Altenew Academy

AECP ~ Easy Die Cutting Techniques!




For my card today, I'll share how and which Altenew products I used,

and what stood out for me the most with this class technique.

This card is so vibrant and zesty and cheerful!

The class is taught by the amazing Yana Smakula

and she highlights several techniques using die cuts.

The Moroccan Lattice Cover Die is stunning as a background to a card

but on this card, I used the die cut as a stencil - two ways!





 I started this card with the Zesty Life complete bundle 

stamp/die/stencil set from Altenew.

The layering stencils make this such a fun and effortless process!

The images are stamped with Altenew Permanent Black Ink

and die cut with the Zesty Life outline dies

and I did all my ink blending for the stencils with the Stamp Wheel.



The kraft cardstock was run through the die cut machine 

to give a base layer piece.  

Using the Stamp Wheel, I lined it up on top of white cardstock

and blended ink directly through the paper 'die cut' stencil.

I used a heavy hand to get a bolder look

but with the leftover ink only in the brush, 

I made a second background with another cardstock base.

Once it was stenciled, I splattered the bolder one with white paint

for a little extra drama!


One thing that stood out for me in the class is arrangement.

Sometimes foe me, it's an instant feel 

and other times it's trial and error, much like this card. 

 I second guessed where and how to put the 

lemons several times - and then it was the sentiment!

Finally, it mostly made sense and I love that Yana reminds us

to keep the 'stencils' ~ you can use them over and over!



Here's a final look at my encouragement card!

Interestingly enough, that's an actual Key Lime tree behind the card,

growing in our yard with fruit abundant!



Thanks for stopping by!

Happy crafting,

Kelly



4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Kelly - love all the techniques you have learnt and used here to create this beauty.
    I hope hurricane Debbie did not assault you and you stayed safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, the vibrant lemons on this lovely card really draw my eye. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vibrancy through this beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantabulous placement!!

    ReplyDelete