9.05.2023

Spooky September: Week 1!

 

Hi friends!


It's officially September and the start to all things spooky!

Truthfully, I've seen Halloween 

in some of the stores I frequent since June :P

And last month,

Christmas was already out BEFORE school supplies!

Whhhhhhhaaaaaat! :)



My card today is for a 4 week Instagram series

I was invited to be a part of with my sweet friend Kelly.

Each Monday in September,

she gives us a 3 color combination and we make a card background.

Any stamp, any design as long as it's the 3 colors + SPOOKY!




I went with this adorable Big Grumpy from Taylored Expressions.

Kelly chose these 3 colors this week:

Evergreen Bough, Uncharted Mariner and Black Soot.




I used my TE Blending brushes to create a background

and added a haunted forest frame.

I stamped it out and then die cut Big Grumpy

and colored it with my prismacolor markers

along with the Halloween accessories.


To take it just a smidge further, I did a challenge to use ONLY the 3

colors in my entire card!

In hindsight, I won't be doing that next week, LOL!

So my card isn't super spooky, especially for Halloween,

as cute, funny and whimsical are more my vibe!


Here's to a BOO-tiful week ahead!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Kelly



3 comments:

  1. Kelly, this card is just way too cute! Spooky Cute! It's fun seeing how you worked the theme of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute spooky! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! such fun, love the sentiment with the spooky cat. Yep! Here in the UK, where Halloween isn't that big, I was watching stores put out Halloween and Christmas stuff.

    ReplyDelete