6.25.2010

Cherry Blossom Bliss!


Hi there! Today's card for Fabulous Fridays at Sugar Creek Hollow was quite a challenge ~ No Designer Paper! ::: insert panic look here! ::: I love, love, LOVE me some DSP, so this was quite a stretch but I soon realized that with a wonderful image, you can rule the paper world :)


Using an image you've seen before, I paired up this Cherry Blossom, colored in a spectrum of reds and peach, with some burgundy, dark brown and kraft colored paper {run through the cuttlebug with the branches folder} and a light green ribbon to give it some pop ;)


It was hard not to entitle my post as Cherry Blossom Blues, as this is my last SCH post :(   However, the store will remain open during the summer so be sure to stop back in! 


Hugs and blessings!
Xoxoxo
~Kelly~

Card deets:  Enchanted Evening, PTI - PTI White, SU! Chocolate Chip and Kraft
Image:  Sugar Creek Hollow "Cherry Blossom"
Cuttlebug, nesties, CB folder, Basic Grey button,
SU! Grosgrain Ribbon, Kaider pearls, Tombo, Aileens

17 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, it does not always need DP. You see it in your card. It looks beautiful ! I like the embossed background paper. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Kelly, this is GORGEOUS! I love the colors you used and the embossing is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you've nailed it! This no-DP card is truly stunning!!! You are awesome!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl....this is STUNNING with those red cherry blossoms against that black background. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and the talent you brought to this team. I appreciate your hard work and faithfulness. I'll be checking in on you from time to time. Blessings, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, your coloring is absolutely gorgeous! I love the layout!! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card - the coloring is so pretty. I also did a cherry blossom card, with a different image - what are the chances!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, this deserves a big WOW! You did an awesome job and I love the color combos, as well as the coloring. Embossing the background adds a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely and pretty!! Great job, wonderful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful and having no title doesn't take away from it's beauty by any means. Your blog is looking great Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Kelly, love the bow and the button...great color combo! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back when I started stamping (14 years ago), there wasn't much for supplies in Canada... and no real patterned paper that I remember. When patterned paper first came into light, it was considered "wrong" or "cheating" to add it to a stamped card. I'm so glad things have changed cuz I love using patterned papers!

    You did great creating without it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did great without the DP! This is so pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very beautiful card...I love the color combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card Kelly!! Love the embossing and great job on coloring the image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Kelly. I love the colors and layout. Love how you colored the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful, Kelly. I love the rich, deep color you used for the cherry blossoms. They look just like a gorgeous frangipani I took a picture of this past week in Key West! Beautiful job making a card with no DP. That green ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. So happy I "met" you through SCH. We still have to get together for coffee!

    ReplyDelete