6.10.2010

~*~ Fab Friday's with Sugar Creek Hollow ~*~

Happy Friday to you! 


It's Friday ~ and Friday's mean  a new Fabulous Friday with Sugar Creek Hollow creation ~ and here's mine for you , using a new image called "Vintage Balloon".  

I was inspired by this painting from dh's office ~ the photo doesn't do justice to the vibrancy or intensity of the colors, but it's wonderful.  

Using Basic Grey's Marrakech papers, I paper pieced the balloon and used coordinating cardstock to create my card for you this week: 


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to see what the rest of the DT have made for you -
you can find them all in my sidebar :)


And dont' forget Tracy generously gives away a freebie every Friday!
You can pick up your Friday Freebie here!!! :)

Entered for consideration in:  My time to Craft - xtra Special Card
Paper Playtime - In Thy face I see honor, truth and loyalty
Blessings!
xoxoxo
~Kelly 

21 comments:

  1. WOWzer! Kelly, this card is incredible! I love the paper piecing!!! And the image is so cool. Great layout... your eye for details is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the patchwork balloon.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Kelly, that DP is perfect for the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Kelly. I love how you paper pieced the balloon. My husband and I did a hot air balloon ride when you first met, your card brought back a flood of really great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer girl!! Your paper piecing is gorgeous and makes this balloon so totally awesome! I love it, love it!! Your inspiration piece is very cool, wonder if life was "better" back then? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a WOW card! I love the paper piecing patter you used on the balloons - over the top gorgeous! And what great inspiration for your creation!
    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. How perfect!!! I love your inspiration, you did a wonderful job on this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, I have looked at this card three times now and just realized that you had embellished with a bit of the crinkle ribbon...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Kelly!!! I love the old ballooning picture you have included there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the paper pieced balloon!! This is craftastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful balloon! I love it! Thank you for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THIS!!! Wow, the paper piecing on that balloon is incredible, Kel!! Fantastic Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelly, what a great inspiration piece. This is one of my favorite papers also!! Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous work on that paper piecing, Kelly! I love the look you have achieved. The crinkle ribbon and button are the perfect finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the paper piecing !! Awesome Card, Kelly. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6/13/2010

    Fantastic paper piecing -- you found just the perfect papers, I think, to complement the image. Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWZERS! This is a stunner! I LOVE your inspiration piece and your card turned out beautifully! It's just amazing, Kelly!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great paper piecing on that balloon! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, love the different patterns you used and how you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete