6.02.2010

It's Fresh Brewed Design's Release Day!


New Release Blog Hop -
so glad you stopped in today!




You should have arrived here from the lovely Grace's blog!  And if you need to start at the beginning, click here!

Today's card is using the darling digi image called 'Daniel - God Bless America'.  I just love, love him!  My beloved father was career Air Force and growing up in a military family, traveling the world and understanding what sacrifice and freedom truly are was a wonderful experience for me.  And my only sibling (brother, 1.5 years older) knew from as soon as he could walk and talk as a toddler that the Army was the place for him - and he was right!  And this image reminded me so much of him, and all the other "Daniels" out there that fit into their mom and dad's uniforms :)

I made an easel card with this image ~ set with some Stars 'n Stripes DSP(remember that military newsletter!) paper, a few embellies and a whole lotta memories :)  I was really going for a primitive look by using some wonderful papers I found at my LSS last month - very primitive patriotic if you will! 

And I'm also giving away this card today :)

No strings attached ~ my father passed away a few
years ago and my husband is not military ... perhaps you or someone you know could use this card to give/send to a loved one so just leave me a comment below that you'd like to be in the hat and I'll let random.org pick a name for me & I'll send it your way via snail mail! :)


I also have a new Hannah card to show you but my camera wouldn't cooperate in time for
this hop so It will make a debut hopefully this afternoon so stop back by!

Next up you will be visiting Carolyn's amazing blog and see what she has created for you!
And remember FBD is having a challenge as well so stop by and check that out :)

Have a blessed day today!
x0x0


11 comments:

  1. This is an adorable card. I love the papers you used. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. KElly,
    this post is beautiful. I love your card... and your heart. God has surely blessed me with all the ladies in this group ... I think I will cry before I have completed the hop. Thank you for all you do and for always making me smile and always reminding that God is in control and he loves me. You are a true friend to many and such an inspiration. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. I thank your father and your brother for their service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! What an amazing card! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Kelly what a Gorgeous card!!! you did such a beautiful job.
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6/02/2010

    Love it! Kelly, it's such an amazing card for all the right reasons. And look at you - RAK'ing it to someone - you and your heart of gold. Love you to bits sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very touching story Kelly! It makes your card even more amazing if that is possible. You are one classy lady...beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly this is absolutely awesome!!! The details for theme are perfect. This card will definitely make some lucky person's heart overjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card with beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about this is beautiful! The post, the card, and the special lady behind it all!

    ReplyDelete