6.13.2010

Dragonflies in flight, give me delight! :)


Oh how I just adore Dragonflies! 

For me, they are a delight and represent such a sense of beauty and grace and spirtual peace.  I have been looking for a dragonfly image for quite some time now and was delighted to see this one from Deedee's Digis.   Although I've always been partial to this lovely creature, I became more aware of them when my father was extremely sick from his cancer returning.  He had an amazing gift for the garden and they always seemed to be around when we would have coffee on the back porch or just sit and talk together.  Since his passing a couple of years ago, I've noticed they have been around me in my darkest hours and bring me comfort, reminding me that He promises that "All comfort comes from Him. He comforts us in all our troubles."
 (2 Corinthians 3:4)

I knew where I wanted to go with this card, but couldn't decide on what papers to use so I asked my wise beyond his years 5-year-old son to help me pick, lol!  {Slight inside joke there -- my son could care less about anything arts and crafts and is all about sports and his Nintendo DS!}  But he is truly a graceful soul and is such an incredible "in tune" kid when it comes to offering a helping hand ~ and he sure did a stand up job here!  He grabbed from a big stack of papers ..... and chose these 3 colors at random! 


Using his color palette, I found a good match with my Basic Grey Origins papers that have been sooo neglected!  I colored this "Little Miracles" image with prismacolor markers, added a yellow gingham ribbon & tuck 'n folding it for texture and depth and  some caramel buttons.  I'm so happy with how it turned out, since it's on it's way to a dear, dear friend's house :)


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you have a most blessed
SONday :)

Hugs and blessings,
~Kelly

19 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card, lovely papers and colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, this is SO adorable. Your DS picks the right colors. The DP is really great and i like the layout. You did a fantastic job my dear ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful card !!! love the paper and the colours !!! your card is perfect !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
    hugs tina46
    eac-team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragonflies AND beautiful flowers = fantastic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/13/2010

    What a wonderful card, Kelly! Love the colors, and how lucky you were to have your sweet son's help. I miss the days when my little boy was so eager to help with whatever mama needed. Your friend is going to love this, I'm sure. Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be proud of how this came out because it's gorgeous!!! I love DeeDee's image, you did a wonderful job coloring and your son did a awesome job helping with the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6/14/2010

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card and a beautiful story behind it. Thanks for sharing a part of you with us! Your son indeed did a great job picking the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this a happy card, or what?! I think little "T" did a fabulous job! What a thoughtful little man!! Deedee's Digis ROCK, and you ROCKED this card using them, my friend! Everything about it is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh girlie, your card is so beautiful...I love the papers and the colors... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6/14/2010

    Love it! I love dragonflies too and this is stunning. A totally happy card. LOL at your son's paper choosing style. Mine would be just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your son picked great colors for this card! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!! this card is simply gorgeous!!!! I love all the flowers & dragon fly...and the coloring! and your son has great taste in colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. Everyone about this is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love your story of how you chose your colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card and the colors your son picked such pretty colors, awesome, just made me say wow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Your son did well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like dragonflies too :-) my cat always has fun chasing them around at dusk and never catches them. The DP you used is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous! I really love that ribbon treatment and how you've used these nesties. But I especially love the little dragonfly in the circle of his own on the right! Beautiful layout, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete