2.23.2017

*HoPpY eAsTeR* with Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps!



Hi friends!

I'm delighted to be up on the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps blog 
as the highlighted designer
 and I have a project to share with you!

I'm sure many of you are quite done with winter
and ready for the wonders of spring/Easter :) 
Today, I will share with you two ways to deliver cute spring treats: 
a bunny basket and some paper carrots!
And the best part?!
With just a couple of crafty items that you probably already have in your stash,
and some candies or treats of your choice,
you can make BOTH of these treats holders 
- easy peasy lemon squeezy!

In this post, I'll share with you how I made these:
 


 
First up, the little carrot treat boxes! You'll need:
  • Sheets of designer paper (dsp) appx 8" x 4" and green dsp for carrot 'sprouts'
  • Heavy weight #110 white cardstock (for the image)
  • colorful scraps of cardstock for the image scallop - check your scrap bin!
  • Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
  • ink
  • quick dry glue
  • stapler
  • Die cut machine and dies (I use a Cuttlebug)
  • Candy to fill    
To create the paper carrot treats, you'll need the above items
First, you'll need to roll the 8" x 4" dsp into a cylinder shape and glue along the paper's seam with a quick drying glue ~ it will resemble a toilet paper roll.   Then, cinch the one end closed by gluing it shut along the seam.  While the top is open, fill it with your desired treats ..
edible sweet or even crafty treats!
You'll now have the beginning shape of a 'sour cream container' look.  
After filling it with the desired treats - for reference, I used two Lindor truffles
 and they were a perfect fit - you'll be ready to seal the tops. 
 
 
 
Next, seal the top end of the container in the opposite direction as the bottom, so if you turned the container right or left, you'll see opposing seals:
East to West on the bottom, North to South on the top.
*Note: I added a staple there just for good measure, but it's not necessary.
 I then fussy cut a strip of green dsp to resemble leafy top of the carrot and simply stapled that to the front of the carrot
 -  don't worry, you'll cover the staple up with your stamped image.
 Using my Jumping Bunny stamp, I stamped it using Momento Ink in brown onto Co'ordinations #110 cardstock and ran that through my Cuttlebug machine, added some adhesive and attached to the front of the carrot.  Super easy! 
 I repeated this twice more to get a collection of carrots....
 and these are such a sweet idea to add to someone's desk
 or lunchbox and a real treat to open and be surprised!

 
 
The bunny basket is another way to hold a few treats. 
 This one is using a sheet of heavy duty cardstock and It's in 10" x  3" size, folded in 4 places to create the rectangular shape.  I added a piece of corrugated cardstock as the handle and a sheet of dsp to the front.  On top of that, I stamped the Happy Easter sentiment from the Spring/Easter banner set and added that to the front along with an extra jumping bunny from the carrots.   I reinforced the handle using a brad so it could swing to side to side - easier to reach the yummy chocolates! 


 I hope you enjoyed today's treat projects.
It's a quick way to brighten someone's day and share some joy!
My son took one of the little carrots to school today 
to give to his favorite teacher ♥
 Such a simple gift but one that brings big smiles and hugs :)

You can find the stamps for both of these projects in the STORE,
card and project inspirations on the BLOG.
as well as finding us on Facebook and Pinterest and the newsletter mailing!

I wish you a HOPPY day!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly
 

19 comments:

  1. Lovely hoppy Easter projects Kelly!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful presentation of your Easter treats, Kelly!! I love those fabulous pattern paper carrots with their bright green tops and leaping bunnies!! Awesome work, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Those carrots are just about the cutest things ever! I've made sour cream containers before, but never thought to turn them into carrots!

    I love your creative way of thinking outside the box, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Super cute ideas and useful too. The little carrot one is my favorite with the leafy greens! Fabulous job Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww... Delightful Easter projects!! Love them both!! I'm really very impressed by your carrots, such a clever idea!! Thanks for the tut! I pinned them! :D
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524487095369/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fabulous, Kelly!! I love the basket and adorable carrots!! The bunny image is so cute!! What fun projects!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, fun, fun! Such a cute gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas and love the fun carrots!! The hare image and the baskets are gorgeous too. Brilliant!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. Going to pin for later - I think these would make GREAT teacher treats. I especially love the colors to match a carrot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable! Great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Kelly, your projects are really quite stunning!! I LOVE those fun carrot shaped goodie filled project!! So fun and absolutely adorable for Easter! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What sweet sweet fun decorations for Easter! Just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable little gift packaging, Kelly. Especially i like the Lindor Chocolate - i prefer the white ones ;-)

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both so adorable! Love the bunny image.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kelly, I think I deleted your friend request on my Facebook! page!! If I did, could you please try again if you want to have access to my page. Couldn't see your FB page, so I couldn't try from my end. I am a very new FB user!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these little boxes.....I made them for my granddaughters pre-school class for halloween many years ago and boy they were a hit with all the moms! Love how you turned them into carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little carrot holders are just adorable Kelly and I love your bunny basket..what a wonderful Easter treat for someone..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun projects these are for Easter. Your bunny is really sweet. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete