2.07.2017

Crafters of Faith ~ Reverence!

Good Morning, friends :)

This is my year to Abide (you can read my WOTY post here!)  - 
a word that chose me, rather than me choosing the word,
 literally as I sat daydreaming in church! 
  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 Part of my extension of worship is to live a year fully immersed
in a better christian walk.
And part of the immersion included the rebirth of the
 Crafters of Faith group on Splitcoaststampers!
This month, our hostess is Barb and she gave us
 this scripture and challenge to work with:


  Do Everything in Love from 1 Corinthians, 16:14. 
 This does not need to be a Valentine card, so you can make a card or a tag or anything else for any occasion, with Love!

I took her up on that suggestion and did indeed make a card of love!
Not that traditional card of love with hearts and flowers and everything red :)

My card reflects the love of a boy who is my son ♥ 
My son is an amazing child of faith, putting God first 
in so many of his actions and ways.
(like how he prays for his friends with them and
saying grace before meals - including at his public school).
He's also a Boy Scout who absolutely LOVES his leaders and troop mates!
This past Sunday was "Scout Sunday"
and the rows of Boy Scouts in full uniform decorated the church!
I was feeling so sick, but it was a sight to behold ♥




 Inside of my card: 




This mama's heart was not only proud of her boy, but all of them :)
I made a card for him that was waiting on his bed when he went to change.
His reaction was so sweet -
he said "Oh hey!  That's me!" :)  
Love.  This.  Boy.  So.  Much! ♥

So 1 Corinthians 16:14 for me ...
do everything with love.
I love my children so very very much
and they know this so very very much ♥


So glad you could visit today!
You can find our faith group on Splitcoaststampers if you'd like to find us!
Just type in the keyboard in the groups: Crafters of Faith

As always, 
Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly

18 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little boy, Kelly and a gorgeous card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kelly, I wandered over after you left your messages and WOW! what inspiration on each post you give, I've been and looked at a few months worth. Thank You. Beautiful cards, beautiful text and verses. I'm your new follower :)
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely darling Kelly!! You've done a great job with the colors and those words are a big part of what they do!! :) Wonderful post my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kelly, this is the sweetest card and even more so that you made it for your sweet son!! I love this!! I can imagine how happy it made him!! Adorable :) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love your take on the challenge and it definitely shows love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. he is cute and beautiful Kelly

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card from a fabulous Mummy, what a lovely thing to do xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a fabulous boy and you are a fab Mum :D Adorable card and post, my friend!! Love them!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, your description of your boy is so touching. It seems (based on media) that kids are going in the "wrong" direction, but you have managed to keep yours strong. And of course, your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, your card is amazing... but oh my! Your words are the icing on the cake. Your love for your son shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww what a gorgeous card for a fantastic young man of God.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! I love your wonderful card, and your write up is so touching! You have such a way with words- you should be a writer : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just so sweet! Both the card and the touching write-up! Love the sweet little boy scout - great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute card and a wonderful write-up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card for your son on Boy Scout Sunday! Your love and pride for him show in every perfect detail, Kelly! Congratulations on having such an important part in raising this amazing young man of faith!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card Kelly and your story behind the card. Just beautiful. Two thumbs up....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card and post to go along! Melts my heart. Thank you for playing along with my heARTful stamping challenge last week. I hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete