2.10.2017

Go fly a kite! ♥


YAY - it's Friday!

We made it through the week, friends!
For us, the weekend is as massively crazy busy as this week has been ~
but sometimes weekends are like that :)

Wednesday was National Kite Day ♥

I just smiled when I heard that as it brings back wonderfully happy memories.
My dad would make homemade kites with my brother and I 
out of tree branches that had fallen in our yard
and sheets of newspaper and twine.
We'd clap and squeal and get so excited to see them lift off the ground.
In hindsight, I'm sure they didn't really fly that well but in my head,
I remember them reaching the moon!
  


Here is the inside - plain but ready for the message :)

 

The next time I use this stamp, I think I'll make Charlie Brown's
 kite out of newsprint, too :)
I'm going to send it to my brother - now in Germany -
and see if he picks up the kite flying adventure memories, too ;)

Wishing you a fabulous weekend,
whatever it is you are out there doing!

Big hugs, bigger blessings
~Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just as sweet as can be Kelly!! I love kite flying too and really loved it with my boys when they were younger!! I ADORE that Charlie Brown image too!! Tonight they're showing "Be My Valentine Charlie Brown" on TV...one of my faves! LOL!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card Kelly and have a great weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly this is cute and beautiful
    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet memories, Kelly! I'm sure that your brother will remember those good times of kidness as you did! Lovely colours and design for this card and the Charlie Brown's stamp with his kite is sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Kelly!! Charlie is adorable flying his kite!! I love the papers, too!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotta love Charlie Brown..and kite flying..we stil make kites for the younger Grandchildren and they fly well here as we have all the hills behind us and get the westerlies..great for kites..Fabulous card Kelly..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the cutest of cards Kelly and this is just another to the collection..Love ol Charlie.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and sweet card Kelly! I love it!
    Thank you so much for becoming my follower and for your kind words! It is always so nice to find new friends that share your passion! I am now also your follower!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute card! And it helps to bring back some great memories for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a darling card- yes, brings back old memories! I love your kite-flying story : ) This image is fabulous- Oh, Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card with a great image. Our neighbor across the street is flying a kite as I write this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, what a fun little scene! Charlie looks like he's having a fabulous time with his kite! Loving the memories of newspaper kites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card. Love Charlie Brown. The innocence of youth. I hope it does job your brother's memory. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sweet Charlie is the eternal optimist!! Fabulous work with this fun image, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so cute and vibrant. I think this is the first Charlie Brown stamp I have seen! And how awesome to make your own kite - great share.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card! I really like the DP's you used with this card. Such a great image. Who doesn't love Peanuts?

    ReplyDelete
  16. FABULOUS card Kelly. love everything about the card, image and design.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete