7.07.2020

TPB: Yello friends!


Yello friends!



That's like hello - only better!
It's a greeting with extra cheer and zest :)

And a great big THANK YOU to Denise,
owner and creator of The Project Bin stamps ~ like the one I'm using today.
I've been so very sick
which really stinks because I have some wonderful news to share soon :(
I had to pull a card from my gallery at Splitcoaststampers from VSN
and in true fashion to her sweetness, 
Denise said 'No worries', exuding to her amazing kindness!



It's probably no secret that I love 
~ LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ~
citrus!
Grapefruits, oranges, lemon, limes - YUM!
I love the fruit, juices and even use it quite often in cooking.
We are very blessed that many years ago, we planted lemon/lime
and sour orange trees in our backyard so supply is always on hand.

For my card, I did some watercoloring
 with my Altenew watercolor brush markers.
  I am over the moon in love with these!
Since the VSN theme when I made this card back was fruit,
I stamped the lemon and slices in a random fashion to showcase that.



I'm a BIG BIG BIG fan of the loose watercoloring ~
not going all the way to the lines 
and just letting the water and paint do their own thing organically.  
I don't (always) force the color to the lines ...
and probably why I'm a fan of artists like John Marin
an American Modernism artist who painted this 

John Marin, Brooklyn Bridge, 1912

Back to my card!
I used the stamp set Yello and stamped the images in a random order.
Because the colors were so vivid and bright,
I stamped the coordinating sentiment in black and white for contrast.
The image is stamped and watercolored on #120 white cardstock 
and cut with a Spellbinders die set. 
 The final piece is the designer paper from Stampin' Up!

I did have an OOPS! with this card ...
can you see it?
eeeek!

You can see all what the design team creates all week on the blog,
as well as check out the galleries when you click on each stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card with lovely, refreshing colours. Hope you are feeling better, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliantly coloured card Kelly, so summery and bright, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been sick Kelly x. What a vibrant and colourful citrus card with a perfect sentiment an dso happy x. It must be fabulous to pick your own citrus fruits x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a gorgeous card, Kelly!! Loving these vibrant lemons and oranges with that sensational sentiment.

    Hope and pray you are feeling better soon!! Hugs and get well wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun cute card Kelly. I do hope you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Kelly - praying you're feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful card so cheerful Kelly
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love citrus too and always love the themed cards because they seem bright and cheery. That would be amazing to have trees right in my yard. Not going to happen up here in the north east! Hope you are well again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sunshine yellow Kelly and I love these zesty fruits too..gorgeous fun card..hope you feeling loads better now, take care..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sun-shiny card with the crisp yellow hues of the citrus Kelly! Hope you're back to normal real soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cheerful card Kelly - it wet, windy and cold here ('feels like' 3 oC, actual temp 6 oC!)
    Sorry to hear you have not been well :(. Hope you are better now. No, I didn't spot the oops, even though I went back to look :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love this cheery card and please get well soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card for summertime. It just makes my mouth water. Swallow, swallow, swallow... Love the bright and cheerful colors you used. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity, and I do hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really adorable card especially with that punny sentiment! The colors are so happy and fun! Hope you get to feeling better soon! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bright, colourful and delicious Kelly. So sorry you've been sick and hope you are now feeling much, much better

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have lemon and mandarin trees and it's wonderful have them on hands! :D
    Your card is fabulous and yummy, great water colouring!
    I can't see any oops... Where is???
    I wish you feel better soon!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete