5.12.2020

Shaded Stencils ~ Day 5!


Hi friends!

I hope you are all doing well ♥
Spring card camp is still going strong - and fast!
This camp is kicking my cardmaking up a few (hundred) notches!
It moves quick and it's easy to fall behind 
so I created these two cards while throwing a little shade.

As in ... Stencil Shading!
It was taught by Lydia (from SCS) and

here's. where. it. gets. funny!


After camp #1, I placed some orders for new toys and they've all arrived ...
except for one, which has the flower stencils in it.
But no biggie ~ we are in a quarantine and safety first!
I figure if that is the worst of it then I'm good!


I have quite a few stencils, but no florals so I had to improvise ...
so I used a notebook ~ an older one from my stash from The Dollar Tree.
The plastic covers are cut through and they look like a stencil
so why not!


When in Rome, amiright?

I went from this ↑
 And got this! ↓



I used Ranger Ink distress inks and Picket Fence Studio Life Changing Brushes
(the tiny ones for nooks and crannies)
and lightly blended through the stencil (notebook) area.
In order to keep the colors from blending together, 
I blocked it off as I blended to keep the colors separate.
The THANK YOU sentiment is from Concord and 9th
and I popped it up on 3D foam and added a few sequins.


I love that these are made from things I had right here at home :)
Shelter in and shop your stash!

Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Well done Kelly - not only on up-cycling a notebook cover, but on some amazing cards!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful cards, great idea, to make a stencil from a notebook-cover ! All the best ! Enny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, your stencil shading cards look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and such pretty stencil images. Love the soft shades of ink, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to shop your stash, Kelly! These both came out so well! Lovely and Springy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great stenciled backgrounds on these lovely card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete