5.11.2020

Stamp What?! ~ Pattern of Friendship!


Hi friends!

This is my card for the Stamp What?! card group ~
Nope, he's not IN it, just INSPIRED it!

Back in the day, I used a lot of my Stampin' Up! stamp sets ...
the old wooden ones that sat upon a shelf 
and earning the secured name of "Old Dusties!"



As per each month, I'm showing the stamp set, too!
I'm not using stamped images and own the actual stamp sets. 
 I never know which one he is going to take down
 from the shelf and surprise me with.
Each month, it's way WAY fun! 

 

 This month, he chose Pattern of Friendship ~
a sweet stamp set from 2006!

As almost always, I asked him how he choses ~
sometimes just grab and go to get back to his PS4, lol
Other times, he looks at them and picks for a reason, like this month.
He simply said "It looked like a couple of moms - and it's Mother's Day.'

That works for me!


I'm not super excited about my card this time 
but it was fun to ink it up again.
This is the front - using the two patterned dresses
and one of the sentiments 'Always in style!"
I've used an MFT Stamps Stitched rectangle corner die 
paper pieced her dress from these sheets in my stash and done!

My mom still has all her old McCalls patterns 
that she used to make most of my baby outfits and childhood dresses.
I remember growing up with her pinning those off-yellow, crinkly patterns
to material and cutting it out,
and then heading off to the sewing machine.
She still has them in an old box ...
I told her once 'those would fetch a price on eBay' ...
to which she replied "what's an eBay?"
LOL!

Barb and Jeanette are joining me in the challenge
and you can see there cards on their blogs, too.
Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

11 comments:

  1. What a fun idea from your son and what a great choice. It brought back memories for me of pattern making in years gone by. Stylish card and love the design of it x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great stamp and I love the paper pieced dresses Kelly..I e mailed you, you may want to check the junk box..lol..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun care, we used to wear dresses like that in the 50s and 60s! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Kelly, oh the memories it's evoked! Once upon a time I bought patterns like this for dress making. Love the image and your card design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Kelly, I love the stamp set. It brought back lots of memories of my Mum who was a professional dressmaker. As a little girl, I was always allowed in the room for the final fitting of dresses she made for people. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and stamp Kelly..loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card Kelly. I love that you paper-pierced the dresses. I have never seen this set before and I think it is so perfect to look like a pattern like your mom still has!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the memories...Very nice card. My mom sewed everything for us. I don't think I wore a "store bought" dress until I was in college.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Kelly. To paper piece the models was a wonderful idea - I remember that style, and I too have a box of patterns that rarely see the light of day these days!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a lovely card, and so fitting for Mother's Day ! Great choice from your son ! Enny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these perfectly paper pieced ladies of the 50s! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete