5.13.2020

Hot Mess Success ~ Sending Smiles!



 Hi friends!

It's time for another "Hot Mess" card. 
where I create a card once a month using a messy technique.

So how messy did I get this month?
The mess went for miles and miles, LOL!
 


 I LOVE this technique to cardmaking!
I spotted a challenge on Splitcoaststampers months ago
and quickly created a card to match the sister version :) 
I'm basically casing my own card!

How is it messy?'
It's a tape technique!
It basically needs masking tape or painters tape 
and you put it directly onto the cardstock.

I chose 3 distress inks and rubbed them directly onto the tape ~
press the painters tape.
Color may very so you can always go over it with a second coat :)
The sending smiles sentiment is stamped in Momento
and I added a sentiment from Paper Smooches.



When you peel the painters tape back, make sure you roll it into a ball
and then toss it.
Otherwise the ink transfer is pretty dominant ~
ask me how I know :)

Barb is the group leader and asked me to join her this year
as well as these lovely ladies:
 
Barb's card is here,
Jeanette's card is here and
Terry cards is here!

Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly
 


7 comments:

  1. Oh what a great result Kelly - loving the bold colours. i have not had much success with this technique, but you have nailed it!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, well worth getting messy. Super design and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun FUN card! Love the strips of color! I am glad you reminded me of that technique... I tried it once at a retreat about a decade ago. One of the ladies there was doing it and showed me how. I'd completely forgotten about that until now - so your card brought back some happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this card is so cool. I have not heard of this technique--and it does seem to be a bit messy! Mission Accomplished! Great design and I love the overall look of this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun technique! I really love this idea and your design turned out fabulous my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and technique Kelly..loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this fun technique, too!! And what a sensational background it created for your skyscrappers!!

    ReplyDelete