5.27.2020

World Creativity Day!


Hi friends!

It's my last challenge as the May hostess at the CCEE Stampers blog ~
it was a fun month bringing creative challenges to the table!

Saturday is World Creativity Day and I thought it's
a fantastic day to embrace your own creativity, 
as well as support each other in the paper crafting community. 

 The challenge: create a card using YOUR favorite card making technique ~
 the sky is the limit! 
 Just have fun and get creative!



For my favorite creative technique, I went with watercoloring 
I. am. obssessed!
I started with a base of Canson cold pressed watercolor paper
and basic watercolor pans, painting a gradient rainbow.
After I heat embossed dried it, I ran it through the Gemini Jr with
my Simon Says Stamps ring frame circle die and used the circular inserts.
I ran it through the GJ again using black cardstock and used the outline
and glued each of the circles back in a random fashion.



The card base is Neenah Solar White cardstock
and I've added a fun sentiment from Taylored Expressions simple strips
with new to me Taylored Expressions white embossing powder.
I placed an order recently and added it on to give it a try - I love it!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly

entering my card to:  SSS challenge - going around in circles

16 comments:

  1. Love those colourful circles! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of the water colour piece and the die Kelly, you have made a stunning card! Love it
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watercolored card looks amazing, Kelly!! The vibrant colors explode off the page framed with this fabulous black die cut! I have given up my Copics for watercoloring and it has brought back the joy of coloring into my life!!

    Thanks for leading the CCEE Stampers through a month of fun and unique challenges. I so enjoyed each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome design and the radiant colors and your water color skills just grab the eye immediately! Water coloring has always been one of my favorite of all artwork and really takes a lot of skill getting the color control just right!! And yet how fun it is to just let the medium itself take control. So fun to watch what it does on its own like on the splash and smash methods. Thanks for this great challenge, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how these colors pop with the help of the black die cut outline! This is a fabulous make, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness I love this! Watercoloring and paper piecing! Great card Kel

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and happy card. Colors are wonderful, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, this is such a fun design - love those circles of bright colors. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors you used in the circles......the black makes this card pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always in awe of someone who can go watercoloring well. (I am not one of those people!) I love this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The colors are stunning on this Kelly!! What an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, what a fabulous card Kelly, wonderful colours and great watercolouring too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card the watercoloured die-cut circles look brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is an amazing card and absolutely beautiful Kelly x.

    ReplyDelete