1.17.2011

Love you more than Chocolate!





And that sure says A LOT! :)

Isn't that cute and catchy and fab?!  My card today is for the Deedee's Crafting Challenge Blog - have you stopped in?  This week the challenge is hearts{and did you know if you play along using a Deedee's Digis, you will be automatically sent the $1 digi for the following week - how's that for sweet!}

I was originally making this card for my dd16 who is a HUGE choc-o-holic!  That girl has a serious sweet tooth!   There is a running joke in my house that mine would probably say "I love you more than salad" lolol!  Yes, I love me some greens :)  

However!!!  After making this card, I added the matching DP to the inside of the card and what do my eyes see but these 2 little words:  Forever Yours.   And I just fell in love with those words being in the card!  I {hearted} it with my white Signo pen, added a tiny smile and knew instantly this was NOW for my dh :)  He is such a sweetie and keeps all the cards I make for him ~ although he was at the table with me when I was coloring up this Deedee's image ;)   This was my last sheet nearly full sheet of chocolate brown cardstock and I knew I wanted to use this color, so I had to make one of my favorite shaped cards - elongated!  It's actually a 3" x 7".  I colored this fun chocolate candy image with prismacolor markers and added the sentiment that comes with the image!  My "hearts" are on the DSP and I cut out some hearts from the flip side of the dsp and added those ....... and then drew one :)

Thanks for stopping by today -- hope to see you, too, over at the challenge blog this week!

Blessings,
Kelly

Entered into the following Challenges: 
1.  If the Shoe fits (Photo inspired)
2.  Mark's Finest Papers - Hearts!
3.  The Lollipop Ladies - use black!

Cards Deets:  GKD cardstock Chocolate Brown + Passionate Pink; PTI White; SU! Pink Pirouette;  
DSP = Bo Bunny 'a gift of love'; Image and sentiment = More than Chocolate from Deedee's Digis;
prismacolor markers, Cuttlebug, trimmer, nesties, SU! Fairy Tale ribbon, Border punch Fiskars, White signo pen

35 comments:

  1. Kelly, this is one DELICIOUS card! I love all of it and the sentiment really says ALOT! now.... where did I put that chocolate......hmmm.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Kelly this is incredible! That paper just jumps up and begs to be loved. I adore your card... tons! LOL Not sure I love many people more than chocolate! Although it would be a great sentiment for those that do fall into that category! *wink*

    Thank you for your kindness on my blog. You know I love your work too!

    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the image and the papers you used. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! And just perfect for your DH (tell your DD her turn will come ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the sentiment...I can only think of a very few people that I would be able to give it to, tho, since I love chocolate SO much, lol.
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! The paper is just darling and I always love this color combo! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER Yummo! Your card is so beautiful! Love the pretty colors and the emphasis of the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!! LOVE all the hearts and really like the inside too. Great card. And that sentiment....um..I'd have to really think about that one! LOL
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1/17/2011

    What a fun card - it's like a paper smile! Absolutely awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a jaw dropper! Love it, thanks for the heads up at Dee Dee's

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum-a-licious!!

    I think this card is just fantastic and perfect for your DH with that sentiment set off by the heart!

    You know I will be stopping at the challenge blog with a heart of two my own this week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have me craving for truffles now! This card is chockfull of adorable things! First off, that chocolate looks sooooooo yum...and the darling stitched hearts images... then, you've got the perfect sentiment to go with it... AND to top it off, I love the touch of the heart with the Gel pen....acccccccck! too, too sweet! It's a heart melter for sure! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1/17/2011

    Kelly, this is truly scrumptious! Those papers are so eye-catching, and I love how you laid everything out with the image, saying and over-lapping hearts. The best part, though, is your special hand-drawn heart inside the card -- what a wonderful, personal treat for your hubby! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, I must be feeling better, first because I actually turned on my laptop, but mostly because I want chocolate. Love this, it is so cute and you colored that image so perfectly to go with that awesome paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!! great colors and super fun sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum...chocolate! That sounds so good right now...I'm 3 weeks into a diet that of course forbids chocolate! LOL but love your card and the way you set off the words with the signo pen...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you did a fab job on this card, I am so loving that inside!
    Thanks for joining us at "The Shoe"!

    -Tanisha

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so much fun, and you're right - that IS saying a lot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SWEET!!! This card is so wonderful. Love the bright colors and the two words that are perfect for your DH!!! Great image, layout and a beautiful bow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelly, this is outstanding !!! So sweet and the inside is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great card!! That sentiment is just perfect too. And I love the heart and smile inside. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sweetie!
    MMMMMMM, this card is yummy! So sweet. I love the colors, the embies and, well, I love it all!! Another Fab card and I'm sure DH will love it too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. CUTE CUTE CUTE... What a fun card. Thanks so much for joining us this week for Phindy's Place Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kelly

    What an absolutely fabulous card!! I love the papers and how perfect the way the words were placed inside the card. Just meant to be!

    Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really terrific card, Kelly!!! You outdid yourself with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kelly--this is so darn cute--love the size of the card and your added touch inside. So Sweet--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ummm, ummm, I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open and seriously lovin' this fabulous card! The bright pink and the stitched hearts...Eeeek! You really went above and beyond with this one, Kelly! Yuor salad comment has me cracking up, too. I'm a veggie gal, too! I wish I loved chocolate more...well, my bootie doesn't, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sweet card! I love the shape you chose and that pink ribbon is just perfect...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your cards are fantastic!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooooh, Kelly! This is beautiful!! I love this size card, and WOW! What a great image and use of patterned paper! This TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  31. yummy! fantastic card, great use of the paper! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A gorgeous 'Allsorts' card for our challenge this week! Love the image and embellishments you've used!
    Thanks for playing along with the Lollipop Ladies this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous card. I love the sentiment and the colours are great together. Great valentines card. Thanks for joining us at the Lollipop Ladies. Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Mmm.. chocolote!
    Gorgeous card!!

    Thanks for playing along with The Lollipop Ladies! Hope you'll join us for our next challenge too!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete