1.07.2011

A Simple Wish .....




Afternoon and TGIF, that's all I can say!  It's been a hectic, sleep deprived week here ... and hence, a very simple card to post.  My dd14 is applying to high school this week - yes, applying ... rofl!  I get asked a lot "did you say applying?!  Doesn't everyone go?"   Yes and no!  We have a Magnet high school  (a mini Julliard! ) which is a performance high school for voice and musical theater ..... dd was BORN for it!  But the competetion is fierce and literally a thousand (yes, thousand!) applicants try out for less than 80 spots.  We are crossing our fingers and toes that she will make the deadline and receive an audition and I'm literally sick to my stomach just thinking of it.  I know she is terribly worried but isn't showing it :)  She has picked a wonderful Italian song that really accentuates her soprano voice but it's really a waiting game that has us so much on edge - the waiting, the wondering, the hoping!  I feel like I"m a real life Glee episode paired against Vocal Adreneline, lol! ;)

So all this rambling!!!!!  I made a card for Chrissy today and put it in her backpack - I even tucked it into her music folder and with a note from mommy on the inside of the card :)  It's not so fancy, just a simple note to remind her that through the waiting and wondering, we just need to keep the faith, stay focused and positive and pray for a good audition!! :)

Using scrap SU! cardstock, some paper from Fancy Pants Fall collection, I stamped a simple sentiment from SNSS, added a border of felt flowers and voila!  She texted me during lunch to tell me she loved my card but mostly that she loved me more ........ sniff, sniff!  I'm so blessed!

Have a FAB weekend! x0x0

24 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this card!!! Those felt flowers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the bright colors you used. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love the felt flowers and the paper, perfect for a 14 yr old girl. I have my fingers crossed for her and little prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and sunny card, just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet mom you are! Your card is just fabulous - so bright and cheerful - and I know your daughter will love it - and love you thinking of her today! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she makes it....what a honor to even be considered. She must be so talented.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an amazing mom and friend, and I bet Chrissy was touched when she opened her backpack and found this from you! I LOVE it, Kelly! Sometimes I need to be reminded just how wonderful a clean and simple card can be, and your's is just perfect in every way! Very well done!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS card....and keeping your daughter in my prayers...and my fingers crossed. Hope she makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pretty & cheerful card has me grinning. Can you ever have enough flowers?? nope!!! and not to mention felt flowers??!!....scrumptious I tell ya. :o) And that touching sentiment just balanced everything out.

    I'm crossing fingers for your DD as well. What an honor!! You must be one proud mommy. How exciting! lots of hugs for the both of you. :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Love Love this Kelly. Makes me want to move somewhere tropical. Thanks for the super sweet compliments today. You brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So super sweet card! My fingers are crossed for her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Kelly. Love the bright colors of the paper. The felt flowers are wonderful! Beautiful sentiment and oh so true! Such a positive and uplifting card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it! Seems like forever since I've been here to your blog and I've missed hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly!! I know I'm a few days late but Happy New Year to you! So excited to be back in the blogging world and it looks like you have been very busy. I love your bright and cheerful card. Those felt flowers make me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for participating in our first blog hop for Puttin' on the Glitz! We appreciated your comments so much! Winners will be announced on my blog Monday! Wishing you the best! Diane Noble

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kel, your card is fantastic. Love the felt flowers and the bright colors. I keeping my fingers crossed for Chrissy !! Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh!! what a fabulous card, thanks for joining our Birthday/Celebration challenge at Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for your daughter! Please keep us posted as to the outcome.
    How wonderful to tuck a little extra love into her backpack. Your card is perfect for the occasion with a sentiment that brings hope and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the felt accents on this card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful. I'll say a prayer and keep my fingers and toes crossed that your daughter makes the cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card! I love the colors! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful card!! So colourful and cheerful.

    Good luck with your daughters application to highschool.

    thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those felt flowers! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful card! I love the flowers and the papers you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So so soooo sweet my friend! All the circles and the happy flowers are perfect. I am so excited for your DD - you'll have to keep us posted!! Thank you for joining in at Raise The Bar this week! Check in at the RTB blog tomorrow for a smile...

    ReplyDelete