1.28.2011

I'm Miss February! :)




Hi there!  Today is a most exciting day - the premiere posting day for the Calendar Girls, a sensational group of blogging friends joined together by the fabulous Jeanette!  Her idea of having her own blog group filled with lots of fun chat, challenges and paper goodness blossomed and here we are!  We are affectionally known as the Calendar Girls because each of us have an assigned month from Jan to October - this month our hostess is Jeanette :)  

Her challenge?  1.  Make a card showing off YOUR month - since I'm Miss February, lots of red, hearts and even red hot came to mind!  (okay, so not red hot ...... bwahaha!) 
2.  Use your favorite embellishments - mine are buttons!  I cannot get enough of buttons!
3.  To use our new/newest tool or item that we have gotten - my shopping is down to zero so I have to use the newest thing that I remember and that's the wonderful paper trimmer from dh from Christmas - it's so special to me becuase he went into Michaels all by himself, lost as all get up, to find one!  I'm also using the scallop edge that is new-ish but already debuted last week ;)



My card is a reflection of my personality, too :) I LOVE color.  I love to use colors that are bright and fun and whimsical.    So my "Valentine" card is actually pretty out there as per non-traditional, lol, but I'm not a pink girly girly kinda girl ;)  I used my My Mind's Eye "Love me Do" dsp from (last year!)  and used a sort of spin off of a TSG sketch from a few months back.   The stamp is a sweet little heart bear from Elzybells.  For the heart, I carried over the dsp by paper piecing, one of my fave techniques!


I'm entering this card into the following Challenges:
  A Spoon full of Sugar -- Valentines
  Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge - Love is in the air
  The Beary Scrap Design - #18 Love or Friendship
Creative Craft World - Cute and Cuddly
Everybody Art - My favorite thing (teddy bear)
Creative Card Crew - country colors (red, white, blue + yellow for our soldiers)
Riley & Co - Hearts


Want to see what the other Calendar Girls have made?  Be sure to check out the CG's blogs - I know I can't wait to see what they've made!

Ms. January {Jeanette) *  Ms. February (you're here!)   * Ms. March (April) *  Ms. April (Terry)
*  Ms. May (Barb)  *  Ms. June (Carol)  * Ms. July (Michelle) *  Ms. August (Debbie) 
     * Ms. September (Paola) *  Ms. October (Tami)  *

Next month is my turn to hostess and you won't want to miss what's in store for these girls! :)
                                    Muah!
                                Blessings!
                   ~Kelly

Card Details:  Cardstock PTI = Pure Poppy, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White;
DSP = My Mind's Eye "Love Me Do" collection; Image + sentiment by Elzybells; Yellow Seam Binding, Fancy Pants button, Embroidery floss; Scallop die; Aileens, Cuttlebug, Nestie, trimmer, scissors, Fiskars border punch

43 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! I love teddy bears and this one is adorable holding that heart. Great colors, just a happy card! Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well doesn't this sound like fun! There are a few of us we call "The Roses", we do some thing like this once a month then post, your card is fantastic! I love the brightness and that cute little fellow is precious! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! What a great challenge. I love your designer paper that you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kel--what a cute card. Love all of the colors and it sure matches your month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! Miss February, your card is incredibly amazing! I love the colors - your signature is to use awesome colors on your cards and I am always in awe of them! I think that Teddy Bear is adorable! And wow!!! So much to look at. You even decorated the inside beautifully!

    Loved hearing the story of DH getting the paper cutter. He's so sweet!

    Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!!!! Those bright, cheerful colors are just perfect.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, cheerful colours are what we all (well, most of us LOL) need right now! I love the bear too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sup-ah cute!! I love the colors in the DP!! Wonderful depiction of our Miss February!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable, love the dp and the paper piecing of the heart, awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet!! This card is great. I love the bright colors and all the layers of paper. I say...you can never have enough layers!! Perfect button and bows to finish off this lil cutie!! Perfect Miss February!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kel, what a cute little bear ! I always like the bright colors , so spring like. Great layout and i like all the different kind of DP.

    Sweetie, i´m fine and i visit your blog always. You got so many comments...you missed me...LOL I love to be here. BIG HUGS !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card the bear is fab.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabby card! I love the way you layered up all the patterned paper. It really looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card! Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is just so super cute love the papers on this so fresh,
    thanks for playing at the pixie cottage this week,love cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.....just when I think you cannot top a previous card, here you are again! So very cute. I love the multiple layers and the unique colors together. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Kelly, what a great card. I love the color and immediately when I saw your little bear holding that cute heart I got a huge smile on my face and thought of you....this is absolutely adorable. I love how you did the inside as well...you have huge talent and it shows in each and every creation you touch....great job...♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a bright and fun cvard Miss february!!! I love it...the teddy holding the heart is adorable!

    I can't wait to see what you come up with for February!!

    Hugs to you!!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun and cheerful card!!! That teddy bear is adorable and I just adore your pp choices!!
    You rocked it out using that semi-new scallop punch too!!
    Nice work :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! Love all the great colors and super cutie image!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey there, Ms. February!! You are showcasing your month in perfect style. I challenge anyone to look at this cutie card and NOT smile...seriously! Great, happy mix of colors and patterns with that fun image. I'm lovin' that triple scallop border, too. Big kudos to your hubby for a solo trip to Michaels. What a great guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute! Love that cute image too. Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun! I love that bear with his polkadot heart! Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kelly, WOW this is so fabulous I just had to go and have a peek at your work. I adore your colourful creations you have a super talent for colour.
    Thank you for playing along with Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a cute card & an adorable image! Great work & tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hallo Süße! Miss February..;) Your card is soooo cute, love the colors, love the sweet image! TOLL

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so cute and cheery! I love the papers and paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kelly, this is one of the happiest cards I have ever seen!! So much detail and so well tied together. You have captured February perfectly. The extras on the inside are frosting on the cake! Well done girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super colourful papers and great bear image. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card Kelly and welcome. Love those backing papers and the bear is cute. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  31. wowwzer Miss February!!
    This card is sooo descriptive not only of the month you represent but of you as a whole too!
    Delightful and colorful, heartful and cheerful...that's our mIss Feb. to a 'T'!!
    Awesome card Kells! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so cute, I just love the bright colors. Thanks for joining in our Beary Sweet Challenge, I hope to see you again next time.

    Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ah what a sweet card. thanks for playing along on Rainbow Ladys Challenge this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a cute card! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Thanks for playing along at the Beary Scrap and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card, so cute! thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awww...what a sweet card. Super cute image and I love all the bright colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. A lovely vibrant card. I love the papers and the cute teddy.
    thanks for joining EAC.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fab card and I love the bird backing paper!! Made me laugh about the calendar girls, me being a WI girl myself LOL. Thanks for sharing with us in Rainbow Lady's challenge this week. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  39. OHhh I just wanna hug him up! Beautiful and the detail and work you put into it really pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What an adorable teddy bear! Such a great card inside and out! I especially enjoyed reading about your wonderful husband going to Michaels alone to purchase your gift. He sounds like my husband - out of his element but willing to take the risk to find what he knows I'll like!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Adorable! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge to include "love" or "friendship". I love your card!

    Please be sure to link you challenge entry and not just your blog home page. As much as I love your blue and green butterfly card, I mistakenly commented there for this challenge. Thanks.

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  42. This looks amazing, love the bright colours. Thanks for joining in our Love challenge at CYDA. Hugs Shelley x

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the papers on this card! The layout and colors are yummy! The bow and the bear are precious. Then the inside!!! Oh, the surprises don't end. Love the inside too! I always neglect the insides....

    ReplyDelete