1.31.2011

SSCC #74 {Believe in Miracles}



I've witnessed several "real" miracles in my life and truly believe that He gifts to us those moments to remember them, make them ours, to share them with others and shape who we are.   I recently had the great priviledge to share my daughter Victoria's miracle with a women's fellowship and although it has taken me years to talk about it, the warmth and love that eminated from the room as I spoke was immeasurable.  There was no judging, no contempt, just a love in Christ from fellow christian moms that just filled my heart with blessings.   When I saw the SSCC this week, I started to make a card and it all just flowed!
This week, the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge shared with us this scripture:

Psalm 23, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."


Challenge: Use the colors blue (still waters) and green (green pastures) as the predominate colors in your card/project.


What a joy!  That is my favorite color combination!   I used a cardstock base of Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze & Night of Navy with PTI white and one of my cherished DSP's - Urban Garden!
The butterflies are from SSNS called "Everyday Miracles", colored with my prismacolor markers in matching shades.  I decorated the inside as well so that I can write my daughter a very special note as she is one my very true miracles!


I followed this sketch at Papertake Weekly to create my card :) 




  Challenges:  
 Scrap-Creations - Friendshid
 Tip-Top Tuesdays - Girly
CES Challenge: Bold and Bright
                                        
Thanks for stopping by today!
Blessings,
~Kelly

Deets:  Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Night of Navy by SU!, PTI White; DSP = SU! Urban Garden; Image and sentiment from SNSS; sketch by PW; colored with prismacolor markers;

28 comments:

  1. Kel, this is wonderful. Love the colors and the butterflies are so beautiful. I also like the layout and decoration inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel very beautiful card!!! Love the butterfloes alot))) The colouring is so gentle - love this way___

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend, this is so very beautiful! I had tears in my eyes, just thinking of you and your DD!!

    A wonderful card and a true work of God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Kelly! I'm so glad you have a miracle to share. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, inside and out, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/31/2011

    Kelly this is gorgeous! I absolutely love the colors and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, oh my goodness, this is over the top beautiful, from the meaning to colors. Gorgeousness!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!
    I just love butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredibly beautiful!!! I'm sure your daughter will cherish this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your story! Your card is gorgeous!!!!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Olga your story is amazing and so happy you shared it! Your card is beyond gorgeous! Your one talented lady... talk about card yummy's!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I am so glad I checked this out from SCS. Your blog is awesome. It is so great to "meet" other Christian women who love to craft. Your cards are beautiful. I will enjoy catching up on all of your posts. Thank you for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This gave me goosebumps, Kelly! Miracles DO still happen. We've experienced them here too and they are such a reminder of God's hand upon us. I'm so glad you could share your story. I wish I had been there to hear!!
    What a lovely, lovely card!
    PS Thanks for your words on my blog. I appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love both your paper choices and the layout. Nice job! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge to include "love" or "friendship".

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful! Wonderful colouring of the butterflies! I also love your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ultra pretty card! Your post was amazing on many different levels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!!
    Isn't God awesome!! :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Kelly! I'm loving the big butterfly, really beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card! I love the colors you used....very nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! I love this color combination! Your butterflies are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is gorgeous and I love the colors and your beautiful butterfly!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap- Creations!!

    Hugs'
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just gorgeous Kel--stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodnesas! Kelly, your card is truly stunning! I love the color combination and the beautiful butterflies. The sentiment is perfect, too. Lovely card, both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous2/02/2011

    Children truly are miracles, aren't they? I'm so thankful you had the chance to talk openly with others about your daughter -- what a blessing! Your card is quite simply glorious -- love the colors and those gorgeous, majestic butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kelly your card is absolutely beautiful. That color combo is perfect with your butterflies! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a beauty, you used the colors in our challenge masterfully! Lovely elements and papers, great image. Thanks for coming alongside Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at CES this week! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete